Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We braved the Fair (LOTS of pics)

So the kid's played hookey from school on Friday and I took them to the fair. Last time we went was about 5 years ago, and IT WAS SCARY! I have to say I was impressed this year. The "carnies" don't heckle you or give you a hard time about playing the games. I told one of them no and she told me to have a good day.... Huh..... There were no crowds and the kids had fun.

This is all stones. It was amazing how real it looked. You could vote for your fav. This is the one we all chose.











I got this shot just as she felt the lamb. "Mom, it feels like cotton candy!"










There was a homeless man on the street and she wanted to give him her allowance when we went in. Both of the kids know we don't give homeless people money, only food. When we came out, he was still there and she begged me to let her give him money. This is right after and she said she felt "warm in her heart." This was one of those moments when a mom knows she has done well.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That is so sweet! What an amazing girl you've got there.

The fair looks like it was lots of fun. You should have called us, we could have all gone together!

A Full House said...

Great minds think alike...we are letting our kids miss school this Friday and heading to the fair. We haven't been since Connor was about 2. I heard that count has really been down the past couple of years so they're working hard on making it family friendly place. Can't wait to go!

Russell Fam. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and Joel are still at 29 right?!

I'm glad the fair has gotten better, looks like fun!