Monday, November 17, 2008

Yard Sales

On Tim's Saturday's off we have been getting the kids up early, grabbing a donut, and hitting the hood for yard sales. A few weeks ago everyone came home with something except me. :( This week, I came home with some goodies.


Also got Kate an Amp to go toward her Christmas gift. No Cherie, we don't buy our kids Christmas gifts at Yard Sales! She was right there when Tim paid $5 for it. Didn't say a word. She wants a real electric guitar. She wanted one last year, but it just didn't happen. I am thinking something along the lines of
Shhhhh... don't tell her.
Tim has a friend at work that plays the guitar really good. Tim is going to try and get her some lessons. She will be so happy. With her personality... I can see her on tour someday!


Oh yeah, one more thing... If you like what I like, go to Target and get a set or two of these. You get 12 for $4.99. Don't take them all, I need one more set. I am going to string some homespun through them for the tree upstairs. Tim gets to decide on the decorations for our main tree this year. He doesnt't like all my ornaments, so he is only putting on lights, LOTS of them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? Why do you need to direct your comments to me? I am not against buying Christmas gifts at a yard sale... I may even have done that. I hate second hand stores.. bad smell and bad childhood memories. I love yard sales! How come I never get called to go? Sheesh... I didn't even do anything and you are hating on me. I'm sick.. you're supposed to be nice to me!

Russell Fam. said...

Yard sales can be fun...you just never know what you will find.
I can't even remember the last time I went to any.
Your picture is nice.

A Full House said...

Hey, where did your cookie blog go? That chocolate chip cookie looked yummy! I love gingerbread and Patrick's grandma's cut out cookies.
I never answered you about the fair...
We really enjoyed it. The workers seemed pretty normal for the most part. I think I saw two that were a little on the scary side. It seemed pretty clean too.
I hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving.

Stacey said...

Laughing at the conversation going on via blog and comments between you and Cherie! It's so fun to call someone out on your blog and see how they'll react :o)

I wonder why she didn't question the amp but maybe she just felt it was better. I can see her on tour someday, too.