Monday, November 10, 2008

This Christmas

This Christmas Tim and I would like to give our kids the gift of an opportunity to serve others less fortunate. A few months back we volunteered for Feed my Starving Children and helped fill 27,000 bags with rice, protein and grains for starving children in Africa. Our kids loved the thought of helping others by doing this.







We are waiting to hear back about serving and delivering meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas with the Salvation Army. I want my kids to have the desire to serve others less fortunate then themselves. We are all so rich! I want to give back. Not just now, but always. What are some things your family does to serve others during the holidays?

5 comments:

Donna Rae said...

I cook every year and serve my mother and sister. Thats about it. I am going to donate some things this year. With all of my freebies I have quite a collection of health & beauty items. We also do the christmas angel.

Donna Rae said...

Do you want any of these darn butter coupons. If you are going to frys tomorrow you should get them. It make it $1 a tub!!!!!

the pearson ANTiCS said...

Hi there :)
I noticed from the awesome bloggygiveaways site that you are interested in holiday cards.

If you'd like, I'd love for you to take a peek at my designs [www.graphici.blogspot.com]. I have my 2008 cards posted and am running a maternity special for this season [I just had my 3rd baby...a little girl...4 weeks ago :)] Prices are only $40 for 50 cards!

Let me know if you are interested, and thank you - I enjoyed seeing your blog...great job getting your kids involved in service projects...i can't wait to do the same with my little ones!

Stephanie Pearson
sp82877@yahoo.com
www.graphici.blogspot.com

http://www.truenorth-re.com/graphiciholiday08/index.html

Unknown said...

We don't typically go anywhere to serve others. We do serve by doing Christmas Angels, Stocking for Soldiers, and food drives. I would love any ideas you have of places to serve this year.

Jeff and I are also looking for ways to get our high school students involved in serving!

Stacey said...

Whoops, I posted as Jeff again!