Thursday, November 6, 2008

Apple Butter


My apples are no longer good for quick consumption, so I decided to make Kate some apple butter. A friend of ours gets Kate pumpkin butter twice a year on her way home from an airport in Nebraska, and Kate thinks it is devine. If she sees one of us eating some, she will say "Just take a little please." I think I will make her day! It cooks for 11 hours in the crock pot. You should smell my house. You couldn't buy a candle to match the smell in here today. Christmas tunes are on, I am going to take some stuff off the hands of Walgreen's and CVS here shortly, baked potato soup for dinner... life is good. It is good everyday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you email me the recipe you used? It looks great and I am just not in the apple mood this week. Think I may make butter out of the ones I got in my basket

Susie said...

It's the simple things in life that mean so much. I'm glad you've know how to enjoy the moment!