Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Mom


She was the best mom ever.
What I wouldn't give for one conversation with her. Just one.
She left too early.
She was a good friend and had many.
She would have had our kids more than we do.
Our kids would have been able to know the best grandma in the world.
She was a loving devoted sister.
Our kids would have had true unconditional love from her.
She would have been proud of the parents that Tim and I are.
We would go to church with her every week, and share long afternoons together.
She would live close by, and we would all drop by daily.
She would be surprised at the person my dad has become, and surprised that he speaks of her often.
She would be glad we are friends.
I miss her.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

That was so cool to see a picture of your Mom. I just asked my Mom about her the other day. I was able to describe her from what I remember as a young child. I'm sorry you lost her Shawnie! I can't even imagine what that was like and the feelings of loss you still deal with. I bet the two of you would have been so close!

Amie said...

aww, how sweet. You look like her!

FlipFlop Mom said...

OHH she's BEAUTIFUL!!! It's amazing how much you look like her!!!!

I'm sorry you lost your mom... :(

Susie said...

You're mom was a special lady and I'm glad I knew her! She loved you so much! She would be proud of the mom you've become and the way you parent your children! I look forward to seeing her again someday!! What a great reunion you will have one day!

Love ya!