I was giving Tim a hard time cause he was saying it was getting late and he had to work the next morning. We get home and Mom is on the machine to remind me of the Christmas Tea the next morning at her church. Tim thought this was hysterical! So the next morning off Kate and I go bright and early. Tam and the girls came. Mary and her girls were there. There was a breakfast and lots of desserts. Mom hosted a table and it was so pretty. She had to put together everything you see here.

There were two women speakers. Good times.



Our girls.
Then Saturday night Kate and I went to the Christmas program at First Assembly. The boys weren't interested. Kate loved it. There were some people impersonating HSM, Jonas Brothers, and Hannah Montana. The story was about making Christmas about Jesus and his birth and spending time with your family and those you love. Don't get so caught up in the presents and stuff. It was about a mother in a nursing home whose husband died and she still talked with him like he was still there. A son that worked too much in the family business and neglected his family. So yeah, I cried. If you get a chance GO!
Sunday Justin and I put out a few more decorations and we all just hung out.

It is Spirit week at school. Today is Crazy Hair Day. I was surprised J wanted to do it. Way to go J!
5 comments:
Girl, looks like you had a busy weekend... I am STILL trying to get my house decorated for Christmas and I am determined to stay up tonight until the inside is done. I did a Walgreens run today... no lie (and this is because I used my rebate $ from last mo) I paid $10.51 oop for $130.84 of stuff!!!! It was absolutely phenomenal even to me. Missing scrapping but I have to do the outside lights tomorrow and got an extra job for Wed. plus stil have to grocery shop. I need a housekeeper, I swear! Go see my blog, we could use your help if your family wants to get involved.
We had fun hanging out with you guys, too. Your kids are amazing!
How funny that you forgot about having to get up the next morning. Looks like you had fun though!
I love the tree... you are so original!
My star is wool. I got it at Target a few years ago. The last couple of years I have let the kids "junk up" the tree with all their ornaments. They would always complain "mom has to have a perfect tree". I felt bad and wanted them to feel like it was their tree too (even though they have their own tree's in their room). Before I know it the kids will be gone and have tree's of their own to decorate.
It was good to see you at the tea. Hopefully we can actually talk sometime soon.
Wow kids!!! That's some crazy hair!
Tree looks cute. I love christmas trees. Mary's girls look just like her. They are so big now. Time flies. I replied to the comment you left on my blog. After I did I realized that I replied to it on my own blog. What a dork.
Where in the heck have you been? Why isn't there any new blogs here????
Post a Comment