
Talking to a mom from Kate's softball team last week and she tells me about a fruit and veggie co-op out here in Surprise. I was in one a few years back, but the quality wasn't that great so I quit. I will try this one and see how it goes. They are all over the valley if you want to check one out for yourself. Bountifulbaskets.org Anyhow we were talking again last night and she told me they don't eat meat! I asked her how she gets protein. I am not, nor have I ever been a big meat eater, but my boys sure do love it! She said they eat alot of beans. She started this about a year ago because she had so many family members die from Cancer. Ugh! That sounds like me! She told me that cancer cells are fed by SUGAR and animal protein. I don't buy many processed foods, so this is good! This book is a study on the diets in China, and why their incidence of cancer is so much lower than ours. I can't wait for it to come in. I am so pumped about it.I will let you when I have turned VEGAN! Just Kidding.
4 comments:
My neighbor told me about the bountiful baskets several months ago. I went on thier website and read through their feedback and found complaints about the products. This kept me away. My neighbor never mentioned any problems though. Let me know what you think.
I'll be anxious to hear more about it...keep us posted!
I could be a vegan before a freegan!!
You'll have to keep us all informed about it. I have a hard time knowing where to draw the line sometimes when it comes to some foods. Any tips?
I can't wait to hear more about this. That kind of stuff is scary to think that what you eat could cause Cancer!
Post a Comment