Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sad

I know this is the saddest thing, but I have to blog about it. My neighbor Scott died on Sunday night after battling Kidney cancer. Thank you all for your prayers. God has other plans. Scott's MIL came over yesterday to let me know he had passed and told me Sarah, his wife is doing remarkable. Sarah is just the sweetest person and has been so awesome through it all. I am so saddened for Sarah and her daughter Aubrey. Scott is no doubt in a better place, I just wish things could be different for their family. Please continue to pray for Sarah and her family and their continued strength.


I blog so that I can have this to look back on as well as the kids. This is something I will never forget. I have been impacted in so many ways. Sarah lived across the street from me for one full year before I made any attempt to make contact with her. You never know what your neighbors are going through and what help they may need, or what you are missing out on by not knowing them. Tim and I have made it a point to go out front more often and meet with our neighbors and talk, and to not be afraid of rejection. We have a close community out here in Surprise and especially our little neighborhood. From this whole experience I have totally had my faith in people restored, there are so many people that reached out to this family, mostly strangers who saw a family in need of love, support, and prayer. I am amazed.

1 comment:

Amie said...

Shawnette we need to hear something new from you! (So sorry to hear about your friend)