Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day

Our Labor Day was anything but laborious! Kate had a sleepover the night before. We got up and I made my famous french toast! My Aunt and Uncle brought back some maple syrup from New York for Justin. They know someone that has a tree they tap. Good stuff.

I went to rent a few Wii games to play with everyone. Tim and I spent a few hours doing that with kids. Took a little nap! Oh yeah!

Then a neighbor stopped by and invited us to bring some meat over to his pod to grill that evening. We are doing a series at church on being a Revolutionary Christian. Our Pastor challenged us to pull our grill out to the front yard and invite neighbors over to grill and get to know one another. One of the guys from our small group last year went door to door doing just that. So we went and met with a few neighbors and grilled. It was really neat. Our Pastor suggested we do it once a week. I think I know what I am asking for for my birthday! A bigger grill!

We came home and Tim did his Wii fit. Justin was feeling a bit competitive.The pics are lame but you can see it was serious stuff.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

FlipFlop Mom said...

Sounds like a GREAT day!!!! I would be scared to grill and invite neighbors... I mean. I know them.. but I don't KNOW them... you're a brave girl!!!