Thursday, February 7, 2008

This was my Day

Okay so last night as we are fixing to go to bed or me anyways Tim was watching the game, I look in the kids bath and the toilet water level looks to be up a little, but not much. I ignore it and go to bed. This morning I walk out to the garage and the light fixture is leaking water. I make a mad dash upstairs to the hall where the kids bath is and step onto sopping wet carpet. I walk into their bathroom and there is standing water. I started to freak out, and then went and made a cup of coffee before starting clean up. I told the kids your on your own getting ready this morning I have calls to make. I called my insurance company that I have been with for 20+ years and man I tell you they were GREAT! They had the water extraction company here within the hour, water out of the carpet, baseboards pulled off, 5 industrial fans going (you know those ones they put out with the jumpers the kids bounce in), and de-humidifiers set up in the loft and garage. Oh yeah, and the ceiling ripped out in the garage. It's funny, normally this would totally freak me out. But then I stop and think about how she has handled her bad days, and this seems like a walk in the park!

This is the loft where they ripped of the baseboards.

This is Kate's room. The blue tape is how far up they detected moisture!

This the loft where the fans and stuff are. The dehumidifiers make it hot up here. The temperature is 82 right now at 6:00 p.m. It is normally about 74 or so. I wont be running the heater tonight!


5 comments:

Susie said...

What a way to start your morning! Coffee first...I love it! Ha! I'm glad the insurance company jumped right on it and got the professionals in there. I just went through this process with a client and when it's all done...you'll be amazed at the good results. Just a hassle in the process! I'll be praying for you!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh honey pie.. I'm so sorry this happened to you!!! SO SORRY!!! my friends do the clean ups for a living...and here in New England around winter time.. they are always busy!!! Keep your chin up girly!!!

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh PS.. I think your comments are JUST FINE!! * wink wink*

Stacey said...

What a bummer! I laughed when I read that you got your coffee first, you've got your priorities straight! Hang in there and stay positive, it will all be over soon :o)

Amie said...

WOW!!!!!!!