Saturday, December 11, 2010

Making a list

Wow, December sure seems to have come quickly. We are about to finish our Winter season of softball with Kate. The team she was on this season... Not so good. She did make new friends and coincidentally half of her team goes to my school. This past week,Kate scored with the highest percentage in her benchmarks test for her entire grade in Reading. Way to go Kate!

Justin is as involved in Media Club at school as he can possibly be. The teachers is amazed at his accomplishments. Way to go Justin. Justin will wrap up the semester with Finals this week. He stresses about tests, always turning his in last, but always does awesome.

Justin and a his Cylinders group at church adopted a family for Christmas that includes a single mom and two boys. He asked us to take him shopping to get some Lego's for a little 9 year old boy today. He spent his own babysitting money, not even asking us to help pay. He and his friends will deliver their packages to the family sometime next weekend.

Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, and photos for Christmas cards have been done for a week or so. We are looking forward to Christmas break and all that is left to do is enjoy each others company. I plan to take the kids to a couple of nearby nursing homes to deliver some goodies to the elderly. Planned to hit the slopes one day while on break as well, snuggle on the couch with a warm drink and watch Christmas movies, get few lunch dates with friends I don't see much now that I am working, oh I could go on and on.

I have a breakfast date with my family and it is late, so I better check out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would love to be one of those "friends" you meet up with that you don't get to see regularly... give me a call. I am not nearly as on the ball as you are with everything done but I am enjoying the craziness all the same! Love you guys!