Monday, March 22, 2010

Wishing and hoping and Praying...

The weekend was spent driving... Justin went to a Cylinders Sleepover about a block from our church on Friday night. Back to pick him up on Saturday Morning at 9:00. Then back to the church at 2:00 so Justin could serve for both services. Then I go back at 5:00 to serve in the Cafe. Home at 8:00 that night. Then back on Sunday morning at 8:00 for Justin to serve. One last trip to pick him up at 1:00. Smile. We want our kids to serve at church. It is a huge priority to us. We could do so much more if we were closer.

All this to say, on my trips to and fro (Tim did half the trips), I got to thinking about how nice it would be to live back in the city! By city, I mean our Old Stomping Grounds... We have been praying for God's will in relation to my employment. We would love to take advantage of the housing crisis and buy another while things are still so low, and allow someone to rent our current house and pay our mortgage. In order to do that I would need more hours to feel secure; in case the house sat vacant for a few months.

I am concerned about how the kids will react if we did move them. Tim says they will be fine.

All that to say I am making the plunge and applying for a few positions in the Peoria District and see what the future holds. Can't wait to see what God's plans are....

2 comments:

Casey Lu said...

That is a lot of driving but I agree serving is very important. I wish you luck at getting a job! I myself have been considering finding something to help with things here. Not a bad idea to rent out the house and get another one while rock bottom prices.

OneHappyfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.